The function of the Supply Chain Support is a liaison between Sparrows and local vendors. The incumbent to have a good local knowledge of companies that Sparrows can use as vendors/suppliers within Luanda/Angola. Keep track of requests via a computer-based system of all equipment and supply needs for both facility and workshops. The Supply Chain Support will deal directly with vendors/suppliers on behalf of Sparrows to ensure the correct quality is received from all suppliers. The incumbent is required to conduct site visits to suppliers and will be required to provide reports to country management. The Supply Chain Support will contribute to the further development of the Supply Chain Organization; procurement, material coordination and warehousing, ensure best practices in supply chain are embedded into the organisation to efficiently support delivery of services, products and the continued growth of the business. Help to provide Sparrows with a real competitive advantage.
• Find local suppliers with the correct certification standards
• Responsible for vendor site approvals
• Responsible for sourcing all equipment and materials needed for projects within the facility/workshops
• Ensure all QC and QA systems are implemented within the facility and workshops
• Daily/week reports to Workshop Superintendent of all requested items and equipment.
• Ensure any items received on site are distributed to the correct department and paperwork filed.
• Monitor raw material market prices, exchange rate and local inflation to enable appropriate procurement measures
• Arrange the purchase of material, equipment and PPE as requested by the engineering team
• Liaise with key suppliers to improve terms and working relationship
• Identify new vendors to improve parts availability
• Assisting with component sales and customer telephone enquiries
• Dealing with administrative duties in the Component Sales Team and supporting the Component Sales Engineers – for example, photocopying, scanning and filing duties required
• Verify and enter timesheets on a weekly basis
• General administration duties as required in assisting other administrative staff and departments
• Reception duties, including answering the phone and meeting and greeting people
• Dealing with supporting documentation for sales invoices.
• Raising purchase requisitions
• Arrange renewal of office formalities paperwork
• Act as translator when required
• Supply chain development, price negotiation and component sourcing.
High School Graduate
Good communication skills both oral and written good English skill required.
Good IT skills, word, excel and databases.
Must have driving licence
Experience in a similar role
Self-directed and highly motivated
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist equipment and integrated engineering services to the energy and industrial sectors. We specialise in delivering structured and bespoke solutions to meet our clients lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power requirements.
We work around the world, around the clock, to support our clients, optimise their efficiency and ensure the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Our commitment to consistent high performance through our ‘above all, one standard’ approach to quality and safety means delivery is assured with the Sparrows Group.
With over 41 years’ experience working in lifting and mechanical handling, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and experience to get it right.